Consider your target audience
Your project should start with identifying your target audience as this is a key factor in planning your website. Once you’ve decided who that is, it’s much easier to work out what you’d like to say to them and how you want to present your business. I can offer advice on visuals, branding and content.
Organising Your Project:
- Be clear about your goals and objectives
- Sketch out all your ideas and requirements
- Organize your digital materials: photos, company logo and text
- Google your competition, what are they doing? This will help you with your own ideas and in defining your USP (unique selling point).
Things to Consider:
- Purpose of your website
- Your target audience
- Website content: who will write the content
- Who you are/biography
- What you do
- Your contact details
- List of services or products
- Photographs and images
- Products/Services and charges
- Who will maintain the website to keep the content fresh and current
- Ideas to bring in new visitors and repeat visitors
- Whether you will have a social media account to link to the website
It might be worth considering a new business grant, see the .gov.uk website for details.